Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Making A Killing On Hand-Outs From The Universe

Music was swimming around me.
The sky was cut by streaks of white lightning.
The sky poured down on my windshield.
I smiled, a slight, wry smile.
Like I was trying to hide it.
Then it just got bigger and bigger.
I eventually started laughing at myself for trying to not smile.
I watched rain drops as big as houses pour into the streets.
Every so often I'd see for miles,
In the midnight sky.
It was electric.
I felt it in the air all around me.
Reverberations of distant music haunted me.
They trickled from behind my ears, over and finally into my head.
It was as if I was absorbing everything.
I felt perfect for a fleeting instant.
And then I sat back down in my seat.
Ready to fall asleep.
Realizing how,
that in due
time, I'd
make
it.
Make
Something
Out of nothing.
And I felt it again.
The music seeping across
my dashboard. Slowly floating
in and around my head. I smiled again, and I knew,
Soon Ill be everywhere, in the right place. The beat went on, I drove off and I didn't look back.
Everything will be perfect in time.

No comments: